萝岗,萝岗区,萝岗网,萝岗香雪论坛,萝岗论坛,广州开发区论坛,萝岗网站,广州萝岗,萝岗门户,萝岗新城,萝岗人的家

注册

发新话题 回复该主题

too great [复制链接]

1楼萝岗橙
too great
The 5-12 match up is where the upsets start to occur. Every year, at least one #12 wins that match up, sometimes 2 or even 3 of the 12's win. The key is picking the right upsets. USA Today always has a special section with information on all the teams, listing their starters height, class, etc. and even gives their shooting percentages from both the field and the free throw line. Check each team against their opponent and you can tell a lot about they match up. If you have a team with no size against a team with 3 or 4 big men, beware of that match up. The Davids do win sometimes versus the Goliaths, but only if they get Golaith into a fast paced game. Once you get into the 6 seeds vs. the 11's, I don't consider them upsets if the higher numbered seeds win. 10 seed quite often defeat 7's and 8 vs 9 is a tossup with the 9's winning at least half of the games usually. One of the red flags to watch for is teams that play in the Finals of their Conference Tourneys, win or lose, are often exhausted for their First Round game, especially if they play on the following Thursday. Unless those teams are seeded 1-4, they are ripe for an upset. Another thing to look for is teams with tournament experience, particularly at the Guard position. More than ever, the Guards control the pace of play in the postseason. One of the other things I look for when I make my picks is team free throw percentage, especially the Guards. Most free throw attempts are going to be made by either the Guards or the Center. Look at the coaches and their postseason track record. College Basketball has their version of Marty Schottenheimer also. Coaches who win, win, win in the regular season and go "belly up" like an armadillo on the side of the road come tournament time. First of all, let me say that I am no professional gambler or bracket-filler-outer and thus, this how to guide is mostly for beginners to moderate players. I have won a couple of office pools over the years ambt shoesnd have been in contention for others. I have to admit, no matter your skill level, it takes some good fortune to take the prize. There are always so many close games, and it seems to me that I either win most of them on Thursday of the opening round and lose most on Friday, or vice versa. Having said that, let's proceed to the ways to give yourself a chance in most pools. That's what it's all about, if anyone says they can guarantee anything, disregard everything else they say. Not even Dicky V (or maybe buy mbt shoesespecially Dicky V) gets through the entire 63 or 64 game marathon (depending on whether your pool counts the play-in game or not) unscathed. Okay, first of all, and I can't emphasize this enough: never, never, never pick a #16 seed over a #1, a 15 seed over a 2, or a 14 seed over a 3. In the entire history of the 64-65 team bracket, only a miniscule percentage olouboutinf 14 or 15 seeds have won a game, and NO #16 has EVER beaten a #1. The way most brackets work, losses carry over into the next round. If you pick say a #12 seed to go to the Final 4 and they lose in the first round, you are sunk. I never even pick a #13 over a #4, even though it happens at times. The risk is just too great, if you want to win. If you don't why not just give the other players your money and be done with it? I guess it's okay to pick your alma mater or favorite teambuy christian louboutin, as long as they aren't seeded 12-16, but picking on the color of the uniforms or because you like the name of the school, Valparaiso, for instance, is a surefire way to finish way out of the money. I like to see the underdogs win sometimes, too, but not at the expense of my brackets. I know it's more fun to see a longshot come through and be the only one in your pool to have picked the upset. I know some of the so-called no name teams are very good, what with all the parity (or parody) in college hoopsbuy ugg boots, with players at the big schools going to the NBA early and all. I know Gonzaga (not thbuy ugg boots cheapis year) and other small, sometimes private schools can actually be better than their more notorious counterparts. Even with all that taken into consideration, some of the higher numbered seeds are better than the opponent and are just seeded that way because they don't come from a "power conference".
分享 转发
发新话题 回复该主题